The Grand Porch Party is a free music festival held on the front porches of homes in Uptown West Waterloo. If you can get down a sidewalk, you can attend this free, fabulous event that was named Waterloo Region Arts Award Best New Festival in 2012.
Entirely community-made, the GPP is an afternoon of awesomeness held each year from 2pm to 5pm on the second Sunday in June — which is Canadian Rivers Day!
This is an afternoon of community, music and environment for anyone and everyone. Dreamed up by Uptown West resident Tenille Bonoguore, the GPP was launched as a pure experiment in 2011. Since then, it has become a highlight of the city calendar. This year, the GPP will be organized by a fabulous group of local residents:
- Tenille Bonoguore (founder)
- Joanna Mazur (logistics)
- Stephanie MacPhee (music convenor)
- Kendall Fraser (music + logistics)
- Susan Roy (volunteers + logistics)
- Larissa Vafiades (sponsorship + logistics)
- Maggie McTaggart (neighbourhood outreach)
- Jill Romagnoli (social media + marketing)
- Jenna van Klaveren (marketing + PR)
Want to be part of the team? Let us know! Leave a message on the website or email us at email@example.com.
The GPP is held on Canadian Rivers Day, so we can give some love to our Grand River Watershed. Each year we partner with a different environmental group in order to share the love — and spread the message.
We are also proud to have the Uptown West Neighbourhood Association as our neighbourhood partner. Check out their Children’s Music Garden at each year’s event!
* Details of previous events can be found by browsing the archive buttons on the right. *