We’ve compiled the following list of tips to help you get the most from your favourite, community music festival! Are we missing something? Let us know in the comments.
- Get the event schedule on your phone – There are 25 musical acts at the Grand Porch Party! Help reduce the number of printed schedule copies and save the map/program to your phone for you to reference throughout the day.
- Figure out transportation – While some parking is available, it may be easier to take public transit, ride your bicycle or simply meander to event (depending on where you live).
- Dress for the weather – Porch parties happen rain OR shine! We hope for sunshine, but really the music is only silenced by the sound of thunder.
- Carry light chairs – Even though some homes may put out a few chairs for those in need, you are more than welcome to bring your own. But really, most of the crowd is too busy wandering or dancing to the music to take a seat for too long.
- Respect roadways – Due to the number of streets involved in the Grand Porch Party, all streets are open to traffic throughout event. Be mindful of cars!
- Bring your reusables -Let’s all do our part to reduce the need for disposables, especially single use plastics. Bring your own water bottles and even utensils and plates to save on disposables at any food vendors who may be there.
- Stash some cash – Yes, a porch party is a free event, but you may want to bring some money along in case you want any music merchandise or a tasty snack. Also, the Grand Porch Party accepts donations to help pay the musicians for their time, talents and effort.
- Be friendly and have a good time!