It’s almost the end of May and GPP organizers are starting to shift into high gear; the GPP is almost upon us! In less than a month our Uptown West neighbourhood will be filled with fantastic music. You may ask yourself, how does the GPP find and choose our musicians?
This year we received a wide variety of amazing applications from local musical acts. It was very difficult to choose our final set. If your submission wasn’t selected, or you’re interested in applying in the future, keep an eye out for next March’s Musician Call.
Once our acts are selected we begin our musical puzzle; pairing porches and performers! We take into account performance length, porch size and music type in order to ensure a schedule and layout that makes sense. There’s lots of arranging, confirming, arranging and re-jigging, but in the end it always works out.
The 2017 Grand Porch Party is so pleased to announce the following line-up. Stay tuned for our Performance Map and Schedule.
- CityNEastern (various roots traditions)
- Dan Walsh (bluesy-bluegrass)
- David Lum (contemporary folk and roots)
- FourCities (pop rock)
- Geoff Guich
- Grand River New Horizons Swing Band
- Hoof Beats (bluegrass, swing and jazz with some blues)
- Jesse Parent (folk rock)
- Juneyt (contemporary flamenco guitarist)
- Kevin Bresser (indie rock and pop R&B)
- Lucas Stagg & Tanya Philipovich (country, blues or rock and roll)
- Michael Earnie Taylor Orchestra (folk/bluegrass/tin)
- Nicole Aube
- Quiet in the Land (contemporary folk music)
- Rob Mitchell (indie folk)
- Royal City Ukulele Ensemble
- Safe as Houses (alt-folk)
- Sarah Pearson
- Sing Me A River
- .:tala:. (drumming)
- The Boo Radley Project
- The Caraways
- The LOFI Mind (Rock, Soul, R&B, Rockabilly, Roots Rock)
- The Woolwich Project
- To the Trees