Hey! I’m Sam, and I chair the volunteer committee for Open Streets in UpTown Waterloo.
Our first of a series of summer Sunday events is this June 12 from 12 noon to 5:00 p.m. This is the sixth year that Open Streets has run in the uptown core.
Regular GPP goers can expect a community street festival with live performances, art, handmade market, and family-friendly activities with a focus on alternate transport.
And best of all, since one of our spaces will be the Alexandra parking lot, we’re so excited to be kitty corner to the original Grand Porch Party!
Both events celebrate and showcase the thriving and diverse community that we live in–with a huge focus on local. And we’re proud to have GPP founder Tenille as part of the earliest Open Streets board.
See you on Sunday! We’ll be crossing from one event to the other. Attendees can pick up a duel-event map to check out cool programming, like:
GPP 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
– Blue Lobelia, 71 Alexandra, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
– Rob Mitchell, 49 Euclid, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
– Napoleon and his Handclap Orchestra, 25 Avondale St. S, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
– and many other fantastic local musicians
Open Streets 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
– Food trucks
– A virtual rollercoaster experience
– Bicycle powered Lite Brite board
– Bicycle rickshaw tours
– Plus performances from BBoys, martial artists, belly dancers and more