Hey GPP fans! With only one day until the big event, we’re gearing up and making sure to pack our rain boots, umbrellas, and rain coats because rain or shine, the GPP lives on! It seems that after an abnormally dry May, we’re having a particularly damp June.
Rest assured, though: we’ll still have a blast!
As always, here’s your run down on what to bring, and what not to bring, on GPP Sunday.
1. If it’s raining: Umbrellas, rain boots, and raincoats. Don’t get caught off-guard should it rain (but hope desperately it doesn’t). If it’s sunny: Hats, sunscreen, and a water bottle (which you can refill at the UWNA Freezie tent).
2. Cash monies (if you’re interested) for: a BRFCxGPP t-shirt, CDs and other porch party musician swag. Please keep in mind, the t-shirts are limited run and we only have so many of each size.
3. The 2015 Performance Map. Print one off, or save it as a pdf on your phone for easy access. There will be a few street signs in case you’re looking for one band in particular. Or if you’re an adventurer, just wander till your ears find something great.
4. A fold-up chair or blanket. Those front lawns aren’t decorative! You’re welcome to use them!!
5. A pup or a little one, if you have one! You’re also welcome to bring treats with you to enjoy while you’re listening to the beauty tunes we’re hosting. (We ask that any garbage brought into the neighbourhoods is taken out with you when you go.)
To leave at home!
1. Lawn mowers, BBQs, boom boxes, and fireworks. We ask that GPP-ers keep in mind that the event is not licensed and alcohol is not permitted. The police won’t be too keen on that.
And a few more thoughts…
1. The streets are not closed
Uptown Waterloo West isn’t known as being an overly busy neighbourhood and street entrances will be well marked by our fantastic poster crew, but keep in mind that cars could be driving through. Be sure to give them lots of space while you’re listening to all of our fantastic musicians and keep an eye on any little ones that may be roaming.
2. The event belongs to the community
That means that it’s for everyone, of all ages, all abilities, from anywhere in the region! Grab a wagon, grab a bike, throw on some shoes and come on out and have fun!
3. We’re kicking off bagpipe style at 1:50 p.m.
Switching it up is what we love to do and this year, we’re kicking off with Piper in the Burg at 1:50 p.m.
4. Keep an eye out for our Sustainability Fund watering cans. Love what you see and hear? Help us keep doing it!
and most importantly…
5. HAVE A GOOD TIME!!! If you need anything what so ever, drop by the GPP Merch Tent or ask a volunteer in an orange GPP pinny for a hand.