Are you ready for spellbinding compositions? Opera in the street? Rock and vaudeville? Ukelele, Celtic fiddles and flamenco guitar? Because it’s all coming to the fourth annual Grand Porch Party on June 8, and it’s just the beginning.
We have confirmed our first round of performers for this year, and will have more announcements to come as we compile the most varied and highest quality mix of music we can swing. So who’s kicking us off?
• The Short Films are back, after a stunning 2013 performance when they entranced a huge crowd at the corner of Alexandra and Menno.
• The Kramdens are coming on down from Guelph to rock the afternoon
• Failte band will once again take up residence on Euclid Street
• Flamenco guitarist Juneyt is on board — and is possibly the best named act for the day. Juneyt playing on June 8? Love it!
• Scott Wicken, Paul McInnis and Brent Hagerman return, and bring along some fabulously talented friends — Shelley Young, Chris ‘Junior’ Malleck and Lauren Reedy!
• Acoustic Steel will bang up a storm on the steel drums, Ashley Dean reprises her roaming opera performances and Jojo Worthington busts out some ukelele
• For the littlies, the Skalywags will deliver a whackload of fun tunes, while Grand River New Horizons showcases the talents at the other end of the age spectrum
• And Brendan J. Stephens and Willow Walker — a.k.a. the Vaudevillians — will serve up some 1920s ragtime blues. There will be washboard. Awesome.