The Grand Porch Party is looking for awesome, fun, community-and-art-loving people to help make this year’s event even better than last year’s. Yep, we’re looking for volunteers to help with a host of things, from signmaking and postering to chalking up the sidewalks and acting as an event ambassador to help share the GPP love on the day.
The shifts are short, the tasks are fun, and the people are pretty darn delightful (if we do say so ourselves….), AAAAND you get an invite to the GPP After Party!
Below is a quick overview of who we’re after. If you want to be one of ’em, or would like more information, email our volunteer co-ordinator Rachel Thompson at info [@] grandporchparty.com or come to the volunteer sign-up night – 6:30pm to 7:30pm on Wednesday, May 15, at 62 Roslin Ave S.
• Sign-making team: People with an artistic bent to help make event signs on Sunday afternoon, May 26. Wear painting clothes!
• Postering team: Help us spread the word by putting up 25 posters in the Uptown West neighbourhood. Easy as a walk in the park! (Or on the street, as the case may be…)
• Sign installation and tear-down teams: Two teams, one on Saturday, one on Sunday, to distribute signs to host homes, and to place direction and info signs on the day.
• Chalking team: The GPP keeps litter to a minimum by writing event details (bands, times, sponsors, etc) in chalk on the sidewalks. The chalk team will spend a couple of hours before the event carrying this out. *This is a weather-permitting role.*
• Ambassador team: GPP Ambassadors will spend time on the event day being the ‘info person’ on designated streets. All event information will be provided – just bring walking shoes, a hat or umbrella, and a smile.
• Floaters: You never know what will pop up on the day! Sometimes it helps to just have a couple of people who are at the event and available to help if needed.
• Children’s Music Garden team: Two to four people needed at the UWNA Children’s Music Garden, helping children and families make musical crafts, and generally having fun with people big and small.
Some people might want to do one task – some might want to take on a few. No worries! Please just get in touch and let us know what interests you, and we’ll pull together a great community team.