If you haven’t already tuned in, there’s a great new addition to morning radio in the region. CBC-KW’s The Morning Edition – the first new CBC station launched in Ontario in 35 years! – has been playing great local music to start the day, including some Grand Porch Party players! So far they’ve featured Lynn Jackson, Safe as Houses, and more!
But that’s not the only news on the radar. That’s right: The Grand Porch Party is about to start its search for 2013 artists! We’re introducing new rules for our June 9, 2013, event to ensure a great mix of artists and styles each year. Half of the slots each year will be devoted to new artists to the festival. So if you’ve heard of the GPP, and think it’s up your alley, we want to hear from you!
What we’re after:
- Musicians and bands (especially if you’re from the Greater-KW area!)
- All genres and styles considered, but remember: This is an all-ages event in a residential neighbourhood. Regardless of whether you play reggae, ragtime or rap, we ask that you keep the volume respectful and the language open and inclusive.
What we’ll give you:
- A porch to play on
- A music slot between 30 minutes and 2 hours (depending on your preferences and what fits best for the event)
- Publicity on our website and in media outreach
- An awesome afternoon in which loads of people will be listening, dancing and sharing the love
- An honorarium for your time
- Tasty extras to help make the day memorable for you. (Did somebody say lunch?)
- Lots and lots of heartfelt appreciation!
So, how do you get in the mix? It’s easy. Send us an email to info [at] grandporchparty [dot] com and tell us:
- Who you are
- What your music is like
- How much physical space you would need if accepted (We need to make sure you can fit on our neighbourhood porches!)
- And if possible, please send us a link so that we can hear your tunes
It’s easy-peasy, so get cracking! We can’t wait to hear from you!