The first GPP was a great success, and we’re hoping to make GPP2012 even better on Sunday, June 10!
Here’s the low-down on what we need to make it happen.
– You kindly allow a musician (or musicians) to sit on your porch for a few hours on a Sunday.
– You also kindly give the musicians access to a washroom and some drinks (water is fine), so they can keep their voices in top form.
– You’ll be put in touch with your musician before the day so you can get to know each other, and can work out the logistics of the day. (Do they need access to electricity? etc)
– While you are required to be at your home when musicians arrive, after that you can do whatever you like. Stay or roam, it’s your day to enjoy too!
– You sign up for a half-hour, hour, or 1.5 hour performance slot.
– You come on the day ready to play to your heart’s content, bringing all the equipment you need.
– You promise not to go overboard with sound equipment. One small amp is plenty for this laid back event.
– You have fun! And send links to your music, so we can promote you on our event website.
– Your support of the GPP enables us to give musicians more than just love. (Hey, a little bit of cashola goes a long way in the arts)
– You also help with any small costs involved with promoting the event.
– Your awesomeness is made public on this website, and on the day.
If you would like to take part in one or more of these roles, please let us know. We already have people signing up their porches, and early adopters get full claim on their section of road (it helps prevent noise-bleed), so don’t wait! Leave a comment on this post, or email us at info [at] grandporchparty [dot] com.